Thursday, October 1, 2009

Developmental Preschool

I know that we are still 6 months away from this but wow am I scared. We follow a believe in parenting they call attachment parenting, meaning we have unseperating children . Only 2 people besides myself and my husband have ever watched my children . They have never slept away from us and we believe strongly in the importance of acknowledging there emotions and needs.

With that said leaving Riaan with a stranger for 2.5 hours 4 days a week is very scary for me . I know that these people are trained and work well with children like Riaan but the fear is still there . I am scared that if something happens they wont know how to calm him down , recognize his emotions the way he is use to, and get the nurturing he is use to .

I have a dear friend who has a son E who is 4 and is going to developmental preschool. He comes home everyday and screams! He screams to decompress the stress from the school, he is over stimulated and overwhelmed. She handles it with grace and I am not sure if I could .

We were planning on Homeschooling and still plan to but wonder if he goes to this preschool what that means for us . How will affect homeschooling ? Will I be trained to school him ? What if he enjoys it so much he wants to continue ?

I guess the bottom line is this wasnt in the cards for us so now the questions are coming and I feel like I dont know the answers.

1 comment:

  1. Roxanne,

    Lifting your needs up to God and asking for Him to clarify the path you are meant to take. Pray about it and ask for Him to specifically guide you in the direction He wants you to take.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete