Monday, April 19, 2010

Our first day of school

Monday the 12th of April was the first day of preschool for Riaan . We woke up at 6:30 which in our house is never been done before . Riaan woke up tired and grumpy. I woke up scared, anxious and unsure if I..read it I could do it .

But we did .

We pulled into the school 10 minutes early but I couldnt bring myself to get out of the car!I sit there watching mom after mom happily dropping there kids off.

I am sure your wondering what I was thinking ? Right? I know you want to know.

Well my the truth I was thinking look at all those stupid moms ! I was almost sad for those children whos parents wanted them to love school. Truth is I wanted to run away and go home . I wanted to snuggle my Riaan in bed and watch his 101 dalmations movie.Then the teacher started to take the kids in to the school.While I was still feeling sad for all those poor kids!

Well then it happened. I snapped out of it and said ok i can do this . I walked him in, with him crying and unhappy. I left him in class of 11 other children and 3 teachers.

I hugged and kissed him goodbye . He cried. I put my brave face on. As I walk through the school doors and see my car. I loose it . My tears come and I honest to god think I should just go back in and get him . I honest to god thought that.

I may be crazy .

But 2.5 hours later I show up and his sweet little face lights up when he see's me and I am reassured from the teachers he had a good day . That he loved recess ( just like his mama did ) and that he ate lots of gold fish( big surprise I am sure he sucked the Gluten right out of them).

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, gluten. He's got he fix, now as long as they keep them coming, he'll keep going. You are one great momma, to let him experience this and really give you all a chance to see what might be possible. And, if it doesn't work out, you tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riaan is so lucky to have such a thoughtful momma; one who is concerned about every aspect of his happiness. ~xo, b!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you did better than me I sat in the parking lot balling my eyes out for thirty minutes! You are so brave! I am so protective over Robert and letting him go to school without me was one of the hardest things Ive ever had to do. I know we don't know eachother that well but I knew you were an awesome mom the second I met you! I am also very happy Riaan had a good first day! Robert didn't have one until the third week!!

    ReplyDelete