Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Compassion

Compassion-n.
Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it. See synonyms at pity.

I dont pity people when I have compassion for them . I struggle to remember to show and express compassion for those close to me when I can show compassion to strangers without a second guess.

Why is it that our hearts hurt for others we dont know but when it comes to the ones closest to us we forget them? Is it because we dont know others stories? Is it because the resentments and past arguements stop us from showing compassion to the most important people in our lives ? This year that is my goal, my new years resolution if you may .

After living in Virginia for a year, almost seperating from my husband, having a special needs child with learning delays and a very needy baby I want to work on shows and expressing in words my compassion and concern for them.

I want to tell my husband daily, he works hard and I appreciate that he does so I can stay home and raise our children . I want Riaan to know no matter what may or may not be wrong we will figure it out and support him however we can . I want Lyla to be as attached as Riaan is .

1 comment:

  1. Roxanne,

    We can make it an effort to tell them each day just how important they are to us, but the best reminder is in our actions. They can be seen and modeled by those around us the best.


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete