Friday, May 14, 2010

School Update

My sweet Riaan.We have officially been in school for one month . It's amazing to look back and remember how much anxiety and concern I had going into because now I am happy to drop him off.

Every week he gets his speech therapy and language group while there and we are already experience him saying new words like" water" and " wait".

We are so filled with joy when he is excited to go to school, when he waves and says " bye" to the kids in his, when he huges his new friends.

Recently they had a walk-a-thon at school to support families who need scholarships to attend this perschool.






For Mother's day there class made braclets and cards. I was so proud of him when he gave it to me. He was as excited as I was . We have noticed since school started he is more able to stick with a task like painting for longer that he has been really enjoying crafts he wasnt able to before .

We are already sad that school will be ending June 17 and have started looking for our options for the summer . Many have suggested a daycare situation but I am concerned that most wont be able to provide the attention Riaan may need. Even though Riaan's special needs are apparent all the time we would only want to send hm somewhere where the staff is trained accordingly .

No comments:

Post a Comment